The Biplane Forum > General Discussion > Aerobatics Talk > July 4th aerobatic revival!!!!!



Help Support Biplane Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2017, 09:40 PM   #1
FlyriteJr
FlyriteJr
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Lyons
Posts: 24
Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default July 4th aerobatic revival!!!!!

Hello everyone,

I would like to extend a warm invitation to join us for our iac 3, "July 4 aerobatic Revival" in Vidalia Ga(Kvdi)! The official dates will be July 3rd&4th(u can arrive on the 2nd,Sunday afternoon if u want). There will b plenty of opportunity for good coaching/critiquing of your flying as well as the best food & fellowship anywhere! Anyone who has ever attended one of our practice weekends can attest to the fact that it is something you DONT want to miss! On Monday night we will have a big cookout at dads house/hangar! Then more flying on Tuesday & you can head out on Tuesday evening to catch ur local fireworks or hang out w/us again. We have hangar space for all, & good motel options just a mile or two from the airport. So come & enjoy a laid back & fun filled atmosphere where u can hone your skills & be around more akro nuts like yourself.

See u at Kvdi,
Cody Zorn...aka "little zorn"


FlyriteJr is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:12 PM   #2
Bond007
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Chester VA
Posts: 82
Liked 44 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Is this a Monoplane festival,or can real planes come
Danny 007


Bond007 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 12:51 PM   #3
flyrite
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: lyons , Ga.
Posts: 159
Liked 59 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
Is this a Monoplane festival,or can real planes come
Danny 007
We thought about making it mandatory that you at least had a double-digit IQ .......but then we realized that would leave us out of our on "swaray"....so we decided to make it anybody that wants some good coaching and critiquing and fellowship.
__________________
flyrite for life
flyrite is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 02:07 PM   #4
RKO
Registered Users
 
RKO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 89
Liked 32 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

How is Tony doing these days?

I guess little Zorn grew up? Its been a few years ....Sebring 98' since Ive seen ya'll
RKO is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 03:30 PM   #5
flyrite
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: lyons , Ga.
Posts: 159
Liked 59 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKO View Post
How is Tony doing these days?

I guess little Zorn grew up? Its been a few years ....Sebring 98' since Ive seen ya'll
Randy Ott ,why you ol skallywag, I hear the Bond man talk about you every now and again. And I see your old extra on the contest circuit ,Megons fly'n that now I believe .
Come on down to our practice , Sure would be good to see you and you will have a large time I will see to it.
__________________
flyrite for life
flyrite is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 03:59 PM   #6
RKO
Registered Users
 
RKO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 89
Liked 32 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrite View Post
Randy Ott ,why you ol skallywag, I hear the Bond man talk about you every now and again. And I see your old extra on the contest circuit ,Megons fly'n that now I believe .
Come on down to our practice , Sure would be good to see you and you will have a large time I will see to it.
I probably will be flying for "da man" on the 4th..... but keep me advised of future events would love to head East and tell some lies!
RKO is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 04:18 PM   #7
flyrite
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: lyons , Ga.
Posts: 159
Liked 59 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKO View Post
I probably will be flying for "da man" on the 4th..... but keep me advised of future events would love to head East and tell some lies!
👍 Will do !
__________________
flyrite for life
flyrite is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 12:58 AM   #8
Bond007
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Chester VA
Posts: 82
Liked 44 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

You would not believe me if I told you my IQ
Danny 007
Bond007 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:10 AM   #9
crankyklingon
 
crankyklingon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Springfield Ga
Posts: 1,577
Liked 630 Times on 409 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

I'm not into aerobatics...yet.
In fact I've just flown off the phase one testing on my newly completed Acro Sport II.
Your so close I may have to come over for a day just to meet everyone. I might be looking for an instructor, would this be a good place to meet one?
__________________
Rob
crankyklingon is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 05:22 AM   #10
FlyriteJr
FlyriteJr
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Lyons
Posts: 24
Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Rob
Absolutely!!! Ur exactly the kind of person that we want to come to the "revival"! U will meet some guys that have owned & flown Akro in the exact same plane u own. Come on over...we'd b glad to have ya!
Cody
FlyriteJr is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:49 PM   #11
flyrite
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: lyons , Ga.
Posts: 159
Liked 59 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyklingon View Post
I'm not into aerobatics...yet.
In fact I've just flown off the phase one testing on my newly completed Acro Sport II.
Your so close I may have to come over for a day just to meet everyone. I might be looking for an instructor, would this be a good place to meet one?
Rob, like Cody said you are the guy we're trying to get to come to our little swaray . We are hoping to get a lot of folks that have been contemplating getting into aerobatics , no matter what kind of mount they are flying .we want to cover some of the basics that you need to learn from your first loop to things you need to know if you stay with it all the way through the unlimited category.
There are certain basic principles that you need to learn starting out that you will use no matter how far you decide to take your aerobatics.
And yes a lot of us have experience with AcroSports, my 1st mount was a super Acrosport that I flew in the sportsman category, great airplane, would work perfect for sportsman through intermediate. Or just sunday afternoon aerobatics.
We are trying to take the intimidation factor out of it for folks that might not want to do competition, it's going to be kind of like a two day pancake breakfast if you want to fly aerobatics great come and listen and enjoy ,Fly if you want to.
__________________
flyrite for life
flyrite is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:34 PM   #12
RKO
Registered Users
 
RKO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 89
Liked 32 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrite View Post
Rob, like Cody said you are the guy we're trying to get to come to our little swaray . We are hoping to get a lot of folks that have been contemplating getting into aerobatics , no matter what kind of mount they are flying .we want to cover some of the basics that you need to learn from your first loop to things you need to know if you stay with it all the way through the unlimited category.
There are certain basic principles that you need to learn starting out that you will use no matter how far you decide to take your aerobatics.
And yes a lot of us have experience with AcroSports, my 1st mount was a super Acrosport that I flew in the sportsman category, great airplane, would work perfect for sportsman through intermediate. Or just sunday afternoon aerobatics.
We are trying to take the intimidation factor out of it for folks that might not want to do competition, it's going to be kind of like a two day pancake breakfast if you want to fly aerobatics great come and listen and enjoy ,Fly if you want to.

I applaud your efforts! One thing I was always upset about with my former IAC chapter "down to the south" was how they would never welcome new members unless they were willing to spend $$$$$$.....we need to grow the sport especially the grass roots guys with S-1C's and Acrosports, Stardusters etc....very cool guys!
RKO is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 04:59 PM   #13
flyrite
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: lyons , Ga.
Posts: 159
Liked 59 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKO View Post
I applaud your efforts! One thing I was always upset about with my former IAC chapter "down to the south" was how they would never welcome new members unless they were willing to spend $$$$$$.....we need to grow the sport especially the grass roots guys with S-1C's and Acrosports, Stardusters etc....very cool guys!
Yeah, the sad thing is that because this sport attracts such type A personalities , sometimes it can seem that there is no interest in anyone participating that don't have a six-figure firebreathing acro mount!
It's been my experience once you get to know most of the guys they are very intreatable and friendly and share what they know . But for a new guy showing up for the first time at a contest or for a chapter meeting it can really be disheartening .
Having said all of that above don't get me wrong, there are still some really big Asprinholes in the sport
It seems financial success translates into the ability to afford really expensive toys, and that creates a certain mindset in some people that they just can't overcome.
__________________
flyrite for life

Last edited by flyrite; 06-17-2017 at 07:14 PM.
flyrite is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:28 PM   #14
crankyklingon
 
crankyklingon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Springfield Ga
Posts: 1,577
Liked 630 Times on 409 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

I have experienced the low brow treatment at many aviation organizations, CAF, and EAA chapters.
That's the main reason as a 35 year EAA member I don't belong to a local chapter.
In reality we all reach out to these things for what we can get out of it whether it's fun, fellowship or more inflation of an enormous ego.
I guess if you go into it eyes open and thick skinned it's possible to still have fun.
I'm having a minor engine issue with my plane, not sure if I'll have it fixed by the fourth.
__________________
Rob
crankyklingon is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:26 PM   #15
Larry Lyons
Registered Users
BiP_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Larry Lyons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Stockton, IL.
Posts: 3,259
Liked 738 Times on 569 Posts
Likes Given: 1350

Default

Our EAA Chap 475 makes it a goal to be inclusive. We have many older pilots and are always recruiting younger people. As we have everything but an RV ( we have a Cozy though) in our midst its not hard to find something in common with almost anyone. But I'm lucky and know that is not the case with all chapters. I cast around before joining this one and found just what you describe above.
__________________
Larry Lyons
Rebuilt:
Smith Mini, flying
Taylorcraft, almost flying
and on going Taylorcraft project



To reduce stress I do yoga. Kidding! I just drink beer wearing sweat pants.
Larry Lyons is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:27 PM   #16
grassroots
Premium Member
 
grassroots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 1,611
Liked 832 Times on 450 Posts
Likes Given: 195

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyklingon View Post
I have experienced the low brow treatment at many aviation organizations, CAF, and EAA chapters.
That's the main reason as a 35 year EAA member I don't belong to a local chapter.
In reality we all reach out to these things for what we can get out of it whether it's fun, fellowship or more inflation of an enormous ego.
I guess if you go into it eyes open and thick skinned it's possible to still have fun.
I'm having a minor engine issue with my plane, not sure if I'll have it fixed by the fourth.
Well in the case of the Zorn-hosted acro revival at VDI, you can expect low brow fellowship and Chihuahua sized egos.
__________________
Pitts S-1S
grassroots is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:38 AM   #17
crankyklingon
 
crankyklingon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Springfield Ga
Posts: 1,577
Liked 630 Times on 409 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassroots View Post
Well in the case of the Zorn-hosted acro revival at VDI, you can expect low brow fellowship and Chihuahua sized egos.
I've got the fuel pump off my plane as I write this and a new one ordered. (That hurt)
I may drive over if the plane is still broke. Sounds like my kinda show.
__________________
Rob
crankyklingon is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 06:43 PM   #18
flyrite
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: lyons , Ga.
Posts: 159
Liked 59 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassroots View Post
well in the case of the zorn-hosted acro revival at vdi, you can expect low brow fellowship And chihuahua sized egos. :)


arf..arf..arf..arf..arf.....
__________________
flyrite for life
flyrite is offline  
grassroots Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:06 AM   #19
flyrite
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: lyons , Ga.
Posts: 159
Liked 59 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyklingon View Post
I've got the fuel pump off my plane as I write this and a new one ordered. (That hurt)
I may drive over if the plane is still broke. Sounds like my kinda show.
Hey Rob, come on over on Monday and plan to stick around for the get together at my place that nite . It'll be a bunch a fun as well as a good opportunity to get a feel for the sport and ask any questions you may have .


__________________
flyrite for life
flyrite is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sorrell HiperBipe Revival! mlwinnig Other Types 67 01-19-2017 01:56 AM
Arlington, WA July 7-9 IanJ Events Calendar 6 07-01-2016 03:51 AM
Star Duster SA-100 Revival and Questions parkerpittspilot Starduster 42 01-13-2016 01:25 PM
Christmas in July race38 Miscellaneous 20 09-11-2015 11:28 PM
First Flight was in July! DaveS1C Hangar Talk 11 12-19-2010 05:58 PM