The Biplane Forum > Biplane Technical Forums > Electrical & Instrumentation > ADS-B - Christen Eagle

Help Support Biplane Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 09-21-2017, 10:11 PM   #26
ioneater
BiP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 79 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I sure understand the resistance to being basically forced into an equipment upgrade whether building a plane or already flying one where the equipment will be mandatory. I'll have to comply with it when I get to that point in my build. Hopefully prices will have dropped some by then but I'm not counting on it.

On the flip side, I am grateful every single time I fly, that our company's aircraft have the equipment installed to provide traffic situational awareness and audio alerts incorporated into a G1000 avionics suite. I do not rely on it solely however it is an excellent tool to have in the medevac world. All the military training traffic, fish spotters, oil rig helos, airlines large and small can saturate ATC's ability to provide separation day and night along the coast between Mobile and NOLA. It amazes me how many GA pilots hug the edges and floors of tower controlled airspace to avoid having to talk to approach or tower.

Model 12 in progress
N13BG
SN: 363

Tags
ads-b, christen eagle, transponder