The Biplane Forum > Biplane Builder's Forums > Starduster > Starduster sa-900

Help Support Biplane Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:13 AM   #1
wdjensen
Registered Users

Send a message via MSN to wdjensen

Been flying my v-star for awhile and just wanted to say high and hear from any other v-star owners out there. Bill - wdjensen@msn.com

Old 03-09-2011, 11:14 PM   #2
gbmmoyair
BiP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts

Hi,
My brother and I have V-Stars. see my post on 3starduskateers. My wife flies a SA100.
Gary

Old 05-24-2011, 09:39 PM   #3
Grant
Registered Users

Send a message via MSN to Grant

Hello Bill,<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:n&#111;ne;">
Got one flying in Calgary, Canada.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:44 AM   #4
WaltS
Registered Users

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Send a message via MSN to WaltS

Flying one here in N. Alabama as a LSA pilot. N130wl out of KGAD. Love it, great airplane.
Gary and his brother have beautiful V-Stars not so far from me..I see them sometimes at the Moontown breakfasts.Edited by: WaltS

Old 07-29-2011, 11:51 PM   #5
chintonmd
Registered Users

Send a message via MSN to chintonmd

How well does the V-Star do with "fun class" aerobatics?

Old 08-01-2011, 10:56 PM   #6
WaltS
Registered Users

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Send a message via MSN to WaltS

It does all the fun aerobatics I can make it do..hehe It's roll rate is slow (bout 90 deg a sec) so you learn to use rudder to speed up roll... Probably isn't so pretty, but remember, your just doing these for yourself..hopefully up high..so no one can see you anyway.It does verticle maneuvers very well. Get it up to speed and you can pull it straight up and (on mine) I can count seven before I have to rudder over for a hammerhead... Important to remember on Stardusters, unless you have put solid,strong stops on the aelerons, out in the wings..do not do tailslides!!Otherwise, loops, S L O W rolls, barrel rolls, split esses,cubans and reverse cubans, Rolls off the top are a bit tricky as Clark Yh airfoil dosent fly inverted very well especially as mine is carburated..motor quits=less wind over the tail feathers... So at the top of a loopI point the nose down some to get some speed and then roll upright..sorta like a low angle Cuban... But who cares...It's BIG FUN! I think it would do a great humpy, but my stomach hasn't let me do that one yet.Previous owner told me it did great spins, even interted...I believe him but my stomach hasn't let me do those yet either. I did spin it out once trying to do a roll off the top... once I figured out what had happened, I put in opposite rudder and it was back flying in a less than a second... Seems very forgiving.Disclamer: As is always quoted, the Stardusters wern't designed to do aerobatics..though they knew what people were going to do with them.. The Literature shows the SA-900 for +6 -6 G. I have been told if I keep it closser to +4 and -2 G it will live forever.. It's a strong airplane with all the same features of the faster Stardusters (but bigger spars),and flying at about 1000 lbs...lighter than the others..and less speed. Should be able to take it.