The Biplane Forum > Biplane Builder's Forums > Starduster > Starduster Too POH

Help Support Biplane Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:41 PM   #1
harleygaz

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Starduster Too POH

I'm looking for a POH that I can use as a start point for writing my own - does anybody have one I could use? I appreciate that most of the numbers will be different but even just the format and contents would be useful. My apologies if people are saying 'oh no not again!' as I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find much by searching... As always I'll put this on the Aircraft Sprice Forum as well.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:40 AM   #2
Neil
BiP_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 781 Times on 589 Posts
Likes Given: 269

Someone had posted a source for the POH for the S2-A Pitts. That would be a good example. Might just search the net for it.

Plans #425

Old 06-26-2012, 06:04 AM   #3
Dave Baxter
BiP_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 496 Times on 290 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Harley I have a POH for my airplane it is based on a C-172 manual and has been modified for the Starduster airplane! Some of my numbers are in knots and in miles per Hour, and my airplane is powered by an O-360 A2A. With a fixed pitch prop. It needs to be updated and your numbers would probably be different than mine! I can make copies of mine and white out the numbers on one and send you both! Please send me your mailing address in a pvt msg or I can scan them in and E-Mail them to you! They are also published in the July 1993 issue of Starduster Magazines, on page 8 their are 8 pages under Tech Tips.

Most all of these magazines are in gigantic PDF files on this site! Just go to, Archives at the top of the Biplane form page and then click on Starduster Magazines. Dave

Old 06-26-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
harleygaz

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Many thanks Dave, a goldmine of information as always! I printed out the POH pages which I will use as a template. I also have a Lyc O-360, albeit with PS5 pressure carb, so I'm thinking that most of the numbers will be similar if not exactly the same. I'm assuming that the entry speeds for aerobatics will be the same if the aircraft weigh about the same right? Mine is 1200# empty and I probably wouldn't do aero's with much more than a half main tank of gas and definitely I'd have none in the wing tank.

Old 10-26-2012, 04:51 AM   #5
tomclaytor
Registered Users

Likes Given: 1

Default Poh

Hi Harley, I have a POH on PDF that I can email to you. Send me an email, and I will send to you. Also, Can you help me find some plans for the Starduster Too. We just imported one to Thailand, and the Thai DCA wants a copy of the plans to file as this is the first one in Thailand. Thank you, TOM -- tom@claytor.com