The Biplane Forum > Biplane Builder's Forums > Other Types > Pitts Model 12 > Model 12 rights and program for sale

Help Support Biplane Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 08-06-2017, 12:38 AM   #26
kjkimball
BiP_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 423 Times on 226 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmovies View Post
Are you retaining rights and technical details of your Gee Bee Z replica or does that go along with the Model 12 business? It's not a biplane of course but still a super COOL plane. I once ran across a video of Delmar describing how the Z was a real hotrod but not as light on the controls as his R. Somewhere in my list of dream planes is a Gee Bee Z with the wing moved just a bit forward and other mods to get the lighter flying qualities. I'd like a Hughes 500 helicopter, T-38, and PBY Catalina while I'm at it but you know...
The sale is for Model 12 rights, tooling and inventory along with M14 engine parts, engines, and support products we make for the engine installation. The sale doesn't include stuff like the Gee Bee Z, McCullocoupe, staggerwing and stearman stuff, or all the design work I have done for planes like Tucker, bulldog II, decathlon Extreme, cubs and others. I'd still like to build a full size version of the R3 that Mirco designed. Who knows what I have left in me for building cool things.

We are keeping JKE open as we soon enter our 38th year in business. We aren't closing up shop. Many done realize the Model 12 program was added into the work we do at JKE when I wanted to do something new after finishing the Gee Bee Z as my first homebuilt design and build. I'm not done designing and building airplanes. My Dad and My son aren't quitting airplanes either.

People Like This 
Old 08-06-2017, 12:51 AM   #27
navybipe
Registered Users

Liked 156 Times on 98 Posts
Likes Given: 107

Kevin, can you comment on the Texas Commander (I believe that was the name) that you may have been developing some time ago? did the project ever go forward? whatever you are free to share, thanks

Old 08-06-2017, 01:41 AM   #28
kjkimball

Quote:
Originally Posted by navybipe View Post
Kevin, can you comment on the Texas Commander (I believe that was the name) that you may have been developing some time ago? did the project ever go forward? whatever you are free to share, thanks
The Texas Commander was a concept Mirco came up with. He names it after Ben Morphew, a member here. Mirco calls Ben "Commander" when we all hang out at the shows and since Ben is from Texas, Texas Commander. It never made it beyond artist renderings.

Since then, Mirco has changed it up a little and worked with Horizon Hobby to develop and offer The Commander mPd. Mirco Pecorari and David Payne, So, mirco pecorari/payne david. It is a foam RC model.

Old 08-06-2017, 03:02 AM   #29
Larry Lyons
Registered Users

Liked 788 Times on 604 Posts
Likes Given: 1427

Just took a look at the Commander, nice classic lines, good looking bird. If I was still in RC I'd have another look at it.
Taylorcraft, almost flying
and on going Taylorcraft project

In dog beers I've only had one!

Old 08-06-2017, 03:40 AM   #30
Morphewb

Liked 439 Times on 262 Posts
Likes Given: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Lyons View Post
Just took a look at the Commander, nice classic lines, good looking bird. If I was still in RC I'd have another look at it.

If I was still rich I would have had Kevin build it!
Old 08-23-2017, 07:47 PM   #31
FairchildFlyer
Registered Users

Hey Kevin,
Did the M12-540 design ever go beyond the renderings? Would the H.O. engine still be a viable option to keep the M12 going if the supply of M14s dries up eventually?

Old 08-23-2017, 08:18 PM   #32
kjkimball

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairchildFlyer View Post
Hey Kevin,
Did the M12-540 design ever go beyond the renderings? Would the H.O. engine still be a viable option to keep the M12 going if the supply of M14s dries up eventually?
We had 2 customers who wanted the 540 version back then so I created the drawings. One dropped out completely and the other went m14 instead. So it never came to life. The 12-540 stuff goes with the model 12 program sale along with single seat versions, turbine version and so on.

As an update on the sale, things are progressing nicely and we should have more news to share with the world soon.

People Like This