• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

David Gilmour

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dana

Reaction score
I suspect most of us are familiar with the Pink Floyd song "Learning to Fly" and I always assumed it was based on real world experience, but a recent post on another forum got me to wondering so I looked it up... I didn't realize David Gilmour is not only a pilot, but founded an aviation museum at one point... and he's one of us!

"Intrepid Aviation was a way for me to make my hobby pay for itself a little bit, but gradually over a few years Intrepid Aviation became a business because you have to be businesslike about it. Suddenly I found instead of it being a hobby and me enjoying myself, it was a business and so I sold it. I don't have Intrepid Aviation any more. I just have a nice old biplane that I pop up, wander around the skies in sometimes..."​
For those here who are too old or too young to know what I'm talking about:

Latest posts

Back