• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Smith prototype N90P - Flabob

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tramp

Registered Users
Reaction score
I found this great video from (must be) more than 50 years back:

https://youtu.be/gC3qLSTEPyg?t=58s

Smith 90P shows up around the minute mark and does a bunch of fly-bys and touch and goes every so often until the end. Apparently, it was shot at Flabob during an EAA Chapter 1 fly in during the late 50s or early 60s.

The Smith jumped out at me right away. I don't think I've ever seen it in color (I haven't been to the EAA museum) other than in a drawing on a magazine cover.

I think they're having a spot landing contest. There's a target painted on the runway and it looks like they're trying their best to hit it.

I though I'd share given I know that many of you have attachments to Flabob and the Smith.

Latest posts

Back