• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Stab Strut

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gha111

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for all the info on the seat. The plans are on the way, but I have another question for you builders while the plans are in transit. The support strut on the horizontal stabilizer is a quite large, and ugly, piece of tube with a squashed end for the bolt. The squashed end is so large in diameter that it protrudes 1/4" forward of the stabilizer tubing that it's bolted to. Looking at as many pictures as I can of the Acro's, it looks to me that a lot of the planes have a lot smaller strut, some appearing to be no larger than a streamlined flying wire. Any info on how large/strong this strut has to be and still look good, especially at the stabilizer attach point. Thanks, Garry

Latest posts

Back