• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

1980 Baby Ace For Sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Ok boys and girls I'm going to put this up to my good friends of the BPF before listing this publicly. The baby ace has been a blast to fly and a joy to own. Operating costs are very low, it needs nothing mechanically, runs great and is just a ton of fun to fly. I simply can't justify 2 single seat aircraft now that the ASIIS is done. This was a bit of a tool for me to keep current and have some fun while building. Selling this will allow me to run some gas through the ASIIS and finish the Russian thing. There is nothing wrong with it and it's a strong puller, I've put 45 hrs on it. I just did a condition inspection last month 6-2017 and it has 526 hrs TT airframe and engine. Engine continental A75. Since I bought it I installed new cylinder "eye brow" baffling, remade all the fuel hoses, removed the plastic oil press hose and installed a brass one, made a longer control stick, removed the smoke system (weight) and radio (weight). It needs a new float on the j3 style gas gauge but I have that and will install for the sale. Tires have slight dry rot, but great tread. Have 1 spare tire 8:00x4.....$$$ havent changed it to get more time out of it. Those that have cubs know those tires and tubes are expensive! She goes pretty good, climbs well for what it is, out runs a J-3 like its standing still :). All in all a super fun airplane to fly and a cheap airplane to own. I'll miss it.......

Pm here or mail: [email protected]

$14,500.00.

ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1498607344.851529.jpg

ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1498607353.916851.jpg

ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1498607361.018248.jpg

ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1498607369.050670.jpg

ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1498607375.987241.jpg

ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1498607382.736437.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back