• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1988 Pitts S-1

nicko

Registered Users
Reaction score
1988 Pitts S-1. Short fuse with Sparcraft wings. Airplane has 353 TTSN. 160hp O-320 with 27 SMOH. Christen inverted oil. B&C SD-8, B&C spin on oil filter adapter, and B&C vac pad adapter. Bendix mags (purchased just prior to engine overhaul). Pressure carb. FL-760 radio. MGL 4cyl CHT. I have extensive paperwork and all the logs for it. It just made a cross country trip from NC to AZ. I have very little time to fly it these days and don't want to leave it sitting in a hangar. I can deliver anywhere in SoCal or AZ.

Attachments

nicko

Registered Users
Reaction score
Not there, somewhere similar

Mmalone442

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Engine driven electrical system?

nicko

Registered Users
Reaction score
Yes, b&c sd8 gear driven alternator

Mmalone442

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Nick, I live under the class B and don’t want to mess with the ADSB hassle. Good luck with the sale. Looks like a nice plane!

Mark

Morphewb

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Is an electrical system (alternator) shown anywhere on your Ops Limitations?

Mmalone442

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what I was referring to,

FAR 91.225
(e) The requirements of paragraph (b) of this section do not apply to any aircraft that was not originally certificated with an engine driven electrical system, or that has not subsequently been certified with such a system installed, including balloons and gliders. These aircraft may conduct operations without ADS-B Out in the airspace specified in paragraphs (d)(2) and (d)(4) of this section. Operations

If a battery and starter is installed and recharged occasionally with a wall charger then it wouldn’t need to comply with ADS-B requirements. Unfortunately where I live under a class B airspace this plane would need the upgrade.

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is an electrical system (alternator) shown anywhere on your Ops Limitations?
Or anywhere on any records the FAA has like maybe an original equipment list. I don't know if a list is given to the FAA but my DAR would have it. I know that the FAA has no record of any engine driven charger on my planes.

If a generator(or Alt.) was added along the way the FAA would not have a record and wouldn't know if it was removed. Of coarse it might be in the aircraft log but I suspect many things escape entry in E-AB records.....

I'm not suggesting fraud and the regs. are clear....but it could and probably does happen...

nicko

Registered Users
Reaction score
I'll be gone till the 28th of this month with no phone/internet access so if anyone is interested, send me a pm or an email to [email protected] and I'll respond when I return. Lots of interest but no buyers yet. She is a good flier!

pigpenracing

Reaction score
I'll be gone till the 28th of this month with no phone/internet access so if anyone is interested, send me a pm or an email to [email protected] and I'll respond when I return. Lots of interest but no buyers yet. She is a good flier!
Raise the price and it will sell ;)

nicko

Registered Users
Reaction score
Sold to a local guy here in Yuma. I told him about the biplane forum so hopefully he'll be on here soon.

Latest posts