• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

1997 S1 For Sale

bikeaddict

Reaction score
Selling my S1 to buy a Glasair 1. Not a show plane but lots of recent expensive work done including IRAN lycoming cam/tappets/lifters,forged pistons/new pins/rings (160hp), overhauled cylinders, Sparcraft wings, new canopy, landing gear/bungees.

Cant afford space for three airplanes. Some wiggle room on the price.

https://www.barnstormers.com/cat.php?mode=listing&main=

bikeaddict

Reaction score
Yep, thats my baby. Thanks for the more accurate address

bikeaddict

Reaction score
Glasair sale fell through.....so Im gonna keep my baby Pitts

Hova

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats and bummer! Glasairs are a blast but keeping the Pitts is a fantastic option too!

Neil

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
May be a good thing. I work on Glasairs all the time and we do an occasional pre-buy inspection. There seem to be more bad ones out there than really good ones.

bikeaddict

Reaction score
Thanks! This one seemed to be trading hands rapidly lately. Very clean but had an issue with tax status of the seller.

bikeaddict

Reaction score
I have so much time and effort in my Pitts, Id end up buying another one anyway in the future

bikeaddict

Reaction score
May be a good thing. I work on Glasairs all the time and we do an occasional pre-buy inspection. There seem to be more bad ones out there than really good ones.
Any nuggets on what been bad on those Glasairs?

Thanks!

Latest posts