• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

2009 Single Engine Airplane Little Toot Aerobatic Biplane

Steveo73

Reaction score
DSC_5576 (2015_12_21 18_17_23 UTC).jpg
2009 Meyers "Little Toot." 40hrs TTAF, 1600 hrs. on Lycoming O-320-H2AD 160HP. MICROAIR M760 Radio, MICRO AIR T2000 xpndr. Garmin 295 GPS. Always hangered. Complete build pics and logs. Based 52F.
Chrome moly and aluminum fuselage and tail. Fabric covered wings. It is rated +- 10g. 18gal fuel header with 9 gal reserve tank that can be used as a smoke oil tank. Elec. primer. Wingtip strobes.
This aircraft was designed by George Meyer in 1957 and has been written up in many aviation magazines since 1957. It has won numerous awards at Oshkosh over the years also. There are approx. 50 flying today. It has been called the Cadillac of Biplanes. This plane has great visibility over the nose, no zigzags while taxiing.
Job forces sale, moving and can't find reasonable $ hanger space. Asking $25,000 obo More pics available on request. DSC_5576 (2015_12_21 18_17_23 UTC).jpg DSC_5706 (2015_12_21 18_17_23 UTC).jpg Little Toot 382 (2015_12_21 18_17_23 UTC).jpg Full specs located at www.littletootbiplane.com

Jcmhunt53

Reaction score
Not really familiar with this plane. Can someone on the forum give some insight pro and con please.

Flynlow1

Reaction score
Well, I made a deal on this one earlier in the week. I've always loved the way they look, but didn't know a lot about them. It helped that Tommy Meyer (Son of Toot) was there to tell me about plane his Father designed. Pretty cool experience, and I got to see the Big Toot.

There's a whole section of the forum dedicated to the Little Toot. You can find most of the info you're looking by clicking here or by going to the website, http://www.littletootbiplane.com/

iowaboy

Registered Users
Reaction score
That plane looks like it would be a blast to fly! Enjoy!

Flynlow1

Reaction score
I owned the plane for about a year and then sold it a few months ago.

I'm an air-to-air photographer and I usually borrow or rent a plane to do photography from. I've decided it's time to get my own photo plane. I guess what I'm saying is, I loved the Toot, it just didn't fit my mission anymore. I was sad to see it go.

As others have reported, the Little Toot is an amazing airplane to fly. You have amazing visibility when taxiing and landing. No S-turns needed and no slipping to see the runway when coming in. I came over the fence at 100mph (others do it slower) and it would quickly bleed off the speed when I pulled the power off. Easy to land with the Cessna 140 landing gear. It gives you a slight reminder that it's a short-coupled biplane, with just a little tail wag right as it's done flying, but nothing bad.

I'm about 6', 225lbs and it's a tight fit in the cockpit. I could not move around at all when flying, which made me want to stay in it less than an hour if possible. You step into the cockpit, after raising your leg really high, and then grab the handle on top of the wing and slide in keeping your legs straight. Bend your legs and they hit the panel!

All-in-all, it's what you should expect from a single-seat biplane. Easy to fly, easy to land. Nice roll-rate, nice spin rate, stalls straight ahead. I don't know anyone who has every flown a Little Toot and not come back with a smile on their face.

Latest posts