• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

2014 Skybolt for Sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys this Skybolt is now for sale. But there are several things you or a prospective buyer needs to know. One the engine set for a number of yrs but was run about 4 times during the down time over a 15 yr period, until first flight last November 2014, it also has chrome cylinders and uses oil about one qt every 3 to 4 hrs, it also has two soft cylinders, IE: below 70 and their are no original log books for the engine, with the exception of what I have started, also there is some radio /alt noise at idle! So if I have not scared you off by now here are some of the good things.

The airplane is very well behaved on the ground, and fly's pretty straight in the air, all I have done in the way of acro is roll it! The guy that was going to do the aerobatics has been tied up all summer due to his job, and the few times he wanted to do it either the weather or forest fires prevailed The exhaust runs gray and dry and does not fowl plugs has plenty of power, the oil sample at 25 hrs came back normal and at 50.0 hrs also came back normal, so if it is not making metal I would hesitate to pull it apart and change the cylinders at this time as the engine does not leak any oil, plus the radio intercom and xponder work very well. Dave

Link to more pictures and information here on the Biplane forum

http://www.biplaneforum.com/showthread.php?p=130061#post130061

First flight Video.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYACRXl8ZlA&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

2014 Skybolt Phase I flight test complete 50.0 hrs AF. Lycoming O540- 250 h.p. about 500 SMOH engine has set for a number of yrs, but both oil samples came back normal . Wing Tank 9 gal, Main 29 gal, Val 760 Com /Intercom, KT-76A Xponder certified, PS-5C Inverted fuel, and oil system. Strobes, Nav, & Landing light. Oregon Aero Seats, Teledyde Bendix Factory OH Mags NEW PRICE $ 36.000 or offer, currently doing the second annual, yes it has been a year since it first flew. Come fly it or will deliver the airplane for expenses..Contact pvt msg Dave Baxter for details.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back