• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

310 Cessna for Sale

Neil

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score

I know it's not a Bipe, but if anyone has the desire to own an Early Cessna Twin this Strait Tail 310 is for sale on the airport here. Not a bad airplane. Doesn't appear to have any corrosion and has had an extensive annual done about a year ago and then just wasn't flown. The prop AD was done during
the annual. Asking price is $30,000. If interested PM me.

Edited by: Neil

Flying Ant

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gee you guys in the USA are lucky, that is an awesome deal for a 310, even an old one.

robertsailor

Reaction score
These were great aircraft, love the early 310's put a fair amount of time in a similar model many years ago. Only downside these days is the maintenance.

darylat8750

Reaction score
"Only downside these days is the maintenance." And fuel burn at $5+ a gallon.

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Yea but what about sky king ;-)

robertsailor

Reaction score
Your dating yourself with the SkyKing reference!!!! Not that I remember of course. I think the model I flew had pressure carbs...does that make sense??

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
naw, that was way before me..... i saw reruns on tapes i borrowed...... tapes? there now i properly dated myself
cant speak on the 310 but the straight tail cessnas i flew (150-182) flew much better than the swept tail......Edited by: smizo

robertsailor

Reaction score
Your right, they didn't fly as well but with those swept tails they looked like jets.

TxSkyBolt

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
My understanding, Robert, is that's the only reason Cessna changed.....nothing to do with efficiency or aerodynamics and all to do with looking modern. Anyone else heard that?
Brad

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Yep Brad, read that in some cessna mag, either cessna owner or flyer years ago. Another funny fact is the singles basically all have the same wingspan because they had to fit between 2 beams assembled in the factory......

fastpat

Reaction score
Is there a year, registration number, or more info?

Snaproll

Reaction score
Had one just like it. It appears to be a 1959 C model...the first year of the 260 hp engines and the last year of the straight tail. Still has the over wing exhaust and if everything is tight and straight it's the fastest model. Beech kept the same IO 470 L's in their ''small'' Baron for years but Cessna kept changing the engine suffix but keeping the same 260 horsepower every year??? until late in the production.

I sold it to a friend of mine and his family has grown up with it. They've worn out two engines and have had very ffew problems over the years except when a former partner landed long on a short strip and knocked out the nose gear, props, etc. This looks like it still has the older Hartzell props with the blade clamp AD....expensive to replace both props but that's about the only alternative if the clamps ever not make specs and you have to replace both props even if one is good. Heater AD's but that might have been done. It does appear to have the Cleveland wheel and brake kit installed which is a must if you have ever tried to buy Goodyear brake parts for one of these!!!

I've heard from two long time 310 guys that the Vortex Generator kit is well worth the money. If you can live with 14 gph per side and the logs are good it's a lot of ''fast'' for the money. You'd spend a buttload of money trying to build something as fast. Edited by: Snaproll

Neil

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I'll post a bit more information as soon as I get it from the owner. I can tell you that the prop AD was done to the tune of about $13,000 and there is about 1 hour on those props. Seems like the airplane was once owned by F. Lee Bailey if I remember the conversation correctly.

TxSkyBolt

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Got my ME in an Air Force Blue Canoe ('59 model). Great airplane with a big feel. Very stable.
Best regards,
Brad

Neil

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Information up date:
1957 Cessna 310B
Ser# 35589
Aircraft TT 3881 hrs.
Left engine TT 3096 with 726 SMOH
Right engine TT 2156 with 1292 SMOH
Left prop did not need overhaul but was taken down and all ADs cleared
Right prop is zero time with all ADs cleared
All bushings and bolts in landing gear are new
Brake discs are new
No corrosion found during annual last year

Biplane45

Reaction score
If I could get the $70K I've got into N400RF, I'd sell her too. Kinda wanting a C180. ;)

Neil

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Yup it is still for sale. PM me and we will get in touch by E-mail or phone.

fastpat

Reaction score
I really like these airplanes, the 310 is in a class by itself in my opinion.

Latest posts