• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

4 x 1.50 tailwheel

chicoduster

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Got this with my Acroduster One and went to put it on today to find out I need the 5/8" hole. It is brand new. size 4 x 1.50 wheel, 3/8" axle. AS part # 06-00067 $27.50. I'll take $15 plus whatever shipping is.
IMG_1333.jpg

flyinlo

Reaction score
Spruce also sells "improved" bearings with the 5/8" hole you can swap in. Part # 06-00060. If the old tailwheel just has worn rubber but the bearings are good and you can remove the bearings out of your old wheel without damaging them you could replace the bearings with the 3/8" hole with the old ones. Not sure of the best way to remove without damaging them though, when I replaced the 3/8" bearings I knew I didn't need them since I had the new 5/8" bearings so I just used a drift and a hammer to remove them and threw them away.

chicoduster

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I appreciate the help. Unfortunately I need a whole new wheel as the rubber is slanted and worn. I will look into replacing the bearings in the new wheel (that i already ordered) as mine now don't feel that good. I used to own a bike shop and I guess I am a little picky about bearing feel.

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Well that little wheel is going to spin a hell of a lot faster than any bike wheel ever spun! I’d want good bearings there.

Latest posts