• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

5 pitts projects for sale...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Rascal

Registered Users
Reaction score
I have 5 fuselages, S1C, 4 and 1 S1S fuselages and Spar craft freshly covered wings, cowlings wings, tail wheels, wheel pants, panels, 2 metal Sensenich props landing gear both spring and stock gear. wheels brakes etc.. Just a ton of S1 parts, spares and components. Asking 40k for it all. first come first serve.

Doc

curtis

Curtis
Reaction score
Can you post some pictures and give a little history of the parts? Are you willing to separate?

Thanks Doc

Lil Rascal

Registered Users
Reaction score
I will get you some photos have several sets, I will pack them up but shipping charges are up to you. But I have no problems sending parts to fellow acro buff in Italy.

cwilliamrose

‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ 
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be interested in a factory engine mount for an S-1S if you have one.

Lil Rascal

Registered Users
Reaction score
I purchased 11 Pitts S1 projects and Built light Sport Versions of the Pitts Special that I called the Lil Rascal I made 5 of those to Race in the new SPAR Sport Pylon Air Racing Circuit. www.sparamerica.com But now we are building our two seater The Lil Rascal LS2 version that like the Comet and S2C will cover the front hole and turn into a racer. So our single seat projects are over. So I have airframes, Wings, landing gear, cowlings, nose bowls, etc for sale from the rest of the group. So I thought I would just put them all together and sell them in one lot.

740801_588409901184420_364561643_o.jpg

Lil rascal LS1.jpg

Spar Logo.jpg

cactusav8r

Cactusav8r
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
out of curiosity, is there an open entry AirRace ?

Lil Rascal

Registered Users
Reaction score
I think I do have one.. I have 4 aftermarket ones that look great as well. I will look for the facoty one though and try to send photos.

doc

Lil Rascal

Registered Users
Reaction score
no sorry it is a IROC style race with all the planes equal and IASC Pilots piloting them....Sort of like a red bull on steroids race...www.sparamerica.com

in two years we will have an amateur division though to challenge the pros for a racing slot.

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
When and where is the first race?

Lil Rascal

Registered Users
Reaction score
January 24th or Feb 6th during speed week in Daytona. We are finalizing the event permit with the city this week. Then its on to Austin, then Panama City during spring break in March and KY Motor speedway in April to finish out this years short season. Then we will Resume the regular season from Sept to April in a full 8 race Season starting in Sept with Daytona and Ending up in Charlotte Motor Speedway for the seasons championship race.

Lil Rascal

Registered Users
Reaction score
I have decided to sell it all in one lot. to Separate would falsely advertise that the entire 5 projects are all mostly there. I am sorry for the inconvenience but I just want the S1 models gone as almost all our R&D is finished and these are the parts and pieces we wont be utilizing anymore. And we are moving toward a two holer that converts to a single racing canopy much like the Comet. Photos attached... thank you very kindly for your inquiry however.

untitled.png

imagesTO75A38M.jpg

acroeric

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I would love to see the new race airplanes! Bet they are really cool. I have N25YD which Dave Young also built after he built N19YD. It is one of the fastest Pitts around.

I went to the race website and think the link is incorrect. All I saw was a bunch of Red Bull Air Race videos. Here is the one I went to. Is this the right one?
http://www.sparamerica.com

cashflyer

Reaction score
I'm confused.....
The three planes I see pictured are complete, flying aircraft - but you said you are selling fuselages, which I take as either incomplete projects, or complete but non-flying projects.

Are the planes pictured the actual items for sale?
If not, can you post photos of what you are actually selling?

death trap

Reaction score
How many S1 planes did you Actually build from parts and get flying not including the one in the photo above with 19 on the side. It was built by Dave young about a mile from my place.
Not to credible when you post pics of random planes . How do you make a S1
Light Sport ?? We all want to know.
I'm in Deland every other Sunday for breakfast , I would be interested in seeing what the race planes look like .

death trap

Reaction score
I just checked out the Webb Site , I wonder how long before Red Bull has him pull the images used , Definitely Red Bull Race Pics .
Maybe the Bernie M of Air Race ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts