• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

A New tailwheel assembly - where from ?.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tl_z_bub

Reaction score
I've been using an aviation products tailwheel assembly on my S1 for about 8 years now. It's been great. Light, Strong and worked very nicely.

At the last annual I noticed that the main pivot hole had developed a fair bit of "slop" - So I decided to machine the bore out slightly and press in a bronze bush. I've been using it for 6 months. It's worked, up to a point, but despite at least a dozen strip downs and inspections / re greasings I just cannot get it to pivot as easily as the original did. It's a real PITA in the hangar when you are trying to move the aircraft around when the tailwheel does not castor easily.

Time for a new one methinks.

BUT - Where from ?. (I've tried A.P several times - not much faith that I will get one from there)

Any suggestions / alternatives ?.

Latest posts

Back