• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Acro Sport One parts

tigwelder72

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have enough parts to make a complete flying machine less instruments and motor. I am the second owner. The parts have good bones. The last time some one put a hand to it was 1991. The craftsmanship is excellent . I have two many project and need to sell it. Asking 6500.00 OBO.As follows are some pictures

photo 1-2.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 5.JPG

tigwelder72

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to get any takers for my Acro Sport One I have for sale.( Lots of looky-lou's) When I bought it, It had been stored first in a hanger for about 10 years and then in the previous owners garage for another ten years. It has good bones. The flying wires are still in there wrappers ,the wheel pants are still in the original Aircraft Specialty Spruce Boxes. The varnished wood is sound. None of the plywood has delaminated and the glued joints are solid. The air frame is gas welded but it looks like it was TIg 'd with no serious rust or corrosion. Any feed back on why this is not selling would be much appreciated. TIG 72 Everett Wa.

crankyklingon

Reaction score
What you have here is a good start for a really nice airplane. The AS-I is the improved version of the old EAA biplane and it makes a really cool nice flying airplane...but it is not a Pitts special. And it only has one seat.
Looks like a fair price considering what you have.

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem is not just yours...all of ours. Biggest issue is there isn't very many new pilots. There was alot back when all these biplanes were designed. Now very few new pilots so there is alot of built planes with no pilots! So unless you really want to build...there are many reasons why it's better to build, even if its a started project or a complete restoration...it doesn't make economic since. Have you seen what a Pitts S1C is bringing now days? A Acro Sport 1 will bring slightly less, both examples being equal in quality. Kinda like a Christen Eagle...buy flying for $50k-90k or build for $200k plus. Hope this makes since? It sucks but its the sad state of general aviation. So when someone has $10k and hundreds of hours of building in a project that the engine will cost more than the whole plane is worth flying...it becomes a labor of love. Doesn't mean what you have isn't worth anything...just means you will have to wait till someone who knows what he wants no matter what comes along...and hope he doesn't find another project for $500 the widow of a old aviator wants out of her garage first. Maybe if the General Aviation Pilot Protection Act 2 passes there will be more activity by the fence sitters that aren't buy/building or flying because they worry about being able to pass a medical.

Kris
Oklahoma City,OK
Currently restoring a Ranger powered Starduster Too

tigwelder72

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all the comments. About 24hrs after I made that last post about not being able to sell my Acro Sport, I got a buyer! I got a deposit yesterday and the new owner :)is coming all the way from Texas to Everett Wa. to consummate the sale.

tigwelder72

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One sheet 3ft.x7ft. 4130 .062.....................$120.00
One sheet 2ft.X4ft. 4130 .071.....................$ 95.00
One sheet 2ft.x4ft. Aluminum 6061-T0.........$ 85.00
Sold individually or at a lot price of..............$ 280.00
SHIPPING AND TAXES NOT INCLUDED!
If interested E-mail me to stardusterboilermaker @ gmail.com Att. Tom Williams

Latest posts