• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Acro Weight of Skybolt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aerocruz

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you tell me how stringent the Acro weight of 1650 lbs. is for a Skybolt? This past weekend I took a look at and flew a very nice looking example of this beautiful aircraft. The control of the 200 h.p. aircraft felt quite stable. When looking through the weight and balance information, I found that the empty weight is 1,350 lbs. Does this mean that this is only a solo bird when it comes to aerobatics? Ideally, the aircraft I am targeting really needs to enable me to fly some light Acro with a passenger from time to time and also occasional short cross country hops with a passenger with at least the main tank full. Should I skip this particular aircraft and search for another? All the various scenarios I ran with the numbers fell within the CG limits, but most were over Acro weight for the aerobatic scenarios and most were over gross weight for the short cross country examples with a passenger. Thank you.

Edited by: Aerocruz

Latest posts

Back