• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Acroduster has new owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was a hike. Took 4 of us(only 2 airplane people) much longer to take it apart than I figured. Then wind was blowing so hard impossible to take wings outside to load. So deive the 26' uhaul home. Got it loaded the next day. Two days to Iowa sleeping in truck. Put it almost back together except for fairings and it got dark. I drove 50 miles to Ames where i could swap truck for rental car. No one to fetch me....customer at Uhaul took me to Enterprise, nice people in midwest. I drove back to airport to finish and test fly. New owner had to go somewhere and decided not to fly w/o hull so I set out for the return 1150 mile treke. Left 2pm Sat. Took 2 naps on way, felt ok so I drove thru and got home at 9am Sunday. I almost crashed twice the last 15 miles home, should have taken another nap.... It's taken me this long now to recover enough to write. I told Marcia this was my last rodeo......unless I found a Pitts....she turned around and didn't let me finish....."Don't bother coming home"

I'll miss it.

After first flight,
100_1656 (800x597).jpg

Just before I removed first engine about 45tt,
GEDC4315 (800x600).jpg
GEDC4316 (800x600).jpg

Jack

Latest posts

Back