• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Acroduster II For Sale

bf92

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score

For all you guys 'n gals interested in the Acroduster II, Glen Olsen has his for sale. This is the one you see in the Aircraft Spruce ads. Glen is one of the editors for the Starduster Newsletter, and built this airplane in 1989. It has about 1,000 hours on an 0-360 overhauled by Precision Air Power in Woods Cross, UT. The airplane is very well built and has won many awards for workmanship. It had a two-place canopy which Glen built using the frame from a Pitts S-2B and blew his own bubble.It is equipped with spring aluminum landing gear and 6:00x6 mains. To see some pics go to www.eaa23.org, Member Projects, in the second column, third name down, click on Glen Olsen. Price is $35,000, and well worth it. Much less than you could build one for, beatifully built and maintained.

PM bf92 for contact information.
Danny

bf92

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Previewed the post three times and still mis-spelled beautifully!

Danny

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Yes Craig I beleive it is still for sale, Glen is a dear friend . He has had several opportunity's to sell it but the pilots wanting to buy it had the money but could not fly a tail wheel airplane! Pvt message me and I will give you his number. Dave

eiclan

Registered Users
Reaction score
nice looking fun machine,if I had the money to buy it,but oh well.learning to fly a tail wheel for that is the way to go.I am glad I put some hours in the 8kcab during my training all those years ago.. Cheers Ross

ironman43

Reaction score
I have an interesting story surrounding this airplane. A while back I picked up an ACII project and in it were some photos of the 1988 Flabob Starduster fly in. I attended that fly in having flown in from Phoenix. I will always remember that fly in cause a guy landed his Mooney wheels up. Three things I remember about that. First was he was landing behind a Champ that he didn't give enough room to. Second the bouncing he was doing as a result and the go around. Third was my wife asking me to give her the camera so she could run take photos of him landing wheels up to which I told her, no he'll put them back down on final. As the prop began hitting the pavement she simply said I told ya. In the after math there was guy walking around spouting off how dumb that was and all I could think of man, I glad that wasn't me.

So back to the photos, I looked through them there were many of planes I remember. This was serious deja vue for me. I was there to talk with Bill Clouse about the ACII and such and have a grand time talking biplanes so I was very interested in Glenns airplane. I even started a project and worked on it for quite some time and ended up selling it when a divorce happened. These photos were so close to the ones I took at that fly in that I began to wonder if I had bought my project back. So, I looked through the plans and even the plans had highlights and notes very much like I had made. But then there was one photo of Glenn's airplane and in the background were some people who were talking to him that I recognized. My ex wife and me.

The world is such a small place.

jgross

DR-107 (formerly jimrgross)
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this aircraft is still available?

Jim

bf92

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Jim,

It is still for sale. PM for contact info on owner.

Danny

Defenseman1

Registered Users
Reaction score
Im headed out west to visit with Glen. He seems like a super nice gentleman! Thanks for the heads up. Im still kicking myself for selling my Pitts, but this may make the world well again LOL!

Latest posts