• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Acroduster too

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3235m

Reaction score
Hello all. This year has been an exciting one for me as far as flying is concerned, I went down to Arizona and flew with Budd Davisson in his s2a and got to go in an s2c while I was there. Fast forward about 2 months later and I got to fly my buddies 540 skybolt finally, I had been procrastinating flying it but finally did. So after getting these little pieces of experience, my beginner thoughts are something like this: out of the 3, the s2c was a mistake to fly in because it instantly became my favorite, better than the s2a on the runway and lighter on the controls. Second is the skybolt, I liked how it was just a bit more sedate than either the s2a or s2c, it makes for some very enjoyable flying and I can relax a little. And finally the s2a, my background in flying is primarily super cubs so I'm used to putting more effort into flying than in say a 172 but man, that s2a was all the time flying. I never could get 100% confident in my ability of it. So all that to pose my question, I have long wondered what the acroduster is like, my guess is that it lies somewhere in between the skybolt and the pitts as far as ability goes? I asked Budd about it and he gave me his opinion but I'm curious as to what others think that have experience in them along with others. The other thing is that they're pretty rare (comparatively) so its harder to find one.
Any experience/thoughts are appreciated.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back