• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Acrosport 1 dilemma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonnydog

Registered Users
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am new to this forum and have a crazy story. I bought a acrosport 1 last April and have had engine problems since. I have done a ton of improvements to the aircraft while trying to find the engine issue. It had a Ps5c carb so we thought that was the problem. Had it flowed and came back fine. Thought maybe a fuel injection kit would be better to try so bought a airflow performance fuel injection kit. Still ran like crap. I sent the engine to Barrett Engines and was shocked to hear what they found. The engine was originally a 320 converted to a 360. If the conversion was done as they said it was in the logbook all would have been fine. Barrett found parts and pieces from a lycoming 235/320/ and 360 engines. The log showed correct but obviously the engine was not as advertised. Lucky it didn’t kill me or anyone that flew it previously.

The only thing Barret can do is part it out. I have found a good 360 engine to put in it but I currently have a conical mount and searching for a way to change it to a dynafocal. I know having a aerobatic biplane is supposed to be fun, but this has been a frustrating and expensive process. The airframe is awesome and I am looking forward to getting more than a few hours in it with a good engine.
I listed the Airplane on barnstormers the other day without the engine. I was curious to see if there was any interest in it. I have a 28k price tag on it and know that’s a bit high. It will come with all the new stuff I have bought for the bird. If no interest I will install the motor and enjoy the heck out of it.

Just wanted to post my story to see if anybody has changed a conical to a dynafocal mount and maybe someone would be interested in my bird that had a engine on the shelf. At the end of the day I will have 60k into this bird with a good motor installed. I know I’m not the first to have more money in a Airplane than it’s worth but I really wanted an eagle at the beginning of this process. Thinking cut my losses and find that eagle.

Thanks for the time to read my post guys and gals.
Jeff

54316E21-FF30-4933-9498-8E574C3A5494.jpg

E8FA98DF-FF06-4C94-A659-C8461FA335A3.jpg

Latest posts

Back