• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

AcroSport II C-FLSE Second Test Flight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well so far so good. We finally has a decent day for the second test flight. Wind at 5 knots, broken cloud at 2500' and a cool -2 Deg C. Engine start was 3 blades . The Surefly dual ignition really seems to be working great. Test flight was overhead CYXU at 2500'. All temps at takeoff in the green zone so off we went and the Dynon Skyview showed 103 % Power on climb out , 2725 RPM. Once established at 2500' temp -6 Deg C I just flew an orbit for 30 minutes. Trim was in the neutral position for the entire flight, Speed was 115-120 Knots at 24x22". All instrumentation worked great and the Dynon com, xpndr and ADSB out, work as designed . Com with the tower was 5 x 5 with minimal noise at the controllers end. The head set was a David Clark h10-60 with Oregon mic muff. No issues on 2 touch and goes and the same on landing.
After landing and back in the heated hangar it was inspection time. Elevator trim was neutral and was never used. A walk around showed everything was still tight. The Engine cowls were removed and a power plant inspection followed. NO oil leaks at all. no exhaust leaks and all of the self stick temperature strips a on the engine and firewall were in the normal range.
The final act was to download the data from the Skyview. what a fantastic tool for evaluating performance . I used the free service of SAVVY Aviation for the data readout and print out.
EGT #1, 1351 EGT#2 ,1344 EGT #3, 1342 EGT#4, 1326. DEG F
CHT #1, 300 CHT # 2, 312 CHT # 3, 314 CHT # 4, 285 DEG F
RPM takeoff 2725
Map 28.1 "
Oil temp 183 DEG F
Oil Pres 73 PSI
AMP Draw 2.9 amps total Skyview on, xpndr on. Adsb on, Com 1&2 on.
Voltage 14.2
Percent power 101 - 103 %
OAT 20 Deg F - 29 Deg F
Fuel Flow at Cruise 9.7 Gal
Fuel Press 13.9 psi

The flight is on Flight Aware at CYXU London Ontario. Dec 13,2022 15:43 UTC

This is some of the initial info so far. I f the weather hols I hope to get in a couple more flight before winter sets in.

Best regards and Merry Xmas, Paul Brooks

Latest posts

Back