• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Acrosport II For Sale

GEH

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Completed 1987 / Serial #106 / Oshkosh Award Winner 1991[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Status: Currently Flying / Time will accumulate until sold[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Annual Condition Inspection: 12/14 / AFTT: 805 / SMOH: 1132[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Lycoming 0-320-E2A / Sensenich Metal Prop / Rear Canopy (Removable) / Elec Fuel Pump[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]KY97A COMM, Transponder w/encoder, PS 1200 Intercom / 5-Point Hooker Harnesses / Aileron Spades / Plans[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]SkyTec Starter / Quick Drain Oil Valve / Cleveland Brakes / Concorde Battery 5/13 / New Hoses & Spark Plugs[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Transponder/ELT check 11/14' / ELT Batt 11/14' / New Bungees 12/14' / Overhaul/Tested Bendix Mags 4/15'
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Clean Title / Turn Key / $2[FONT=&quot]8[/FONT],[FONT=&quot]0[/FONT]00[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Located Waukegan, IL USA
[/FONT]​

Front Cockpit.jpg

Rear Cockpit.jpg

Hanger.jpg

Evening Ramp.jpg

Last edited:

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any idea what that rear canopy is? (Great looking plane! I want to install a canopy on my rear seat like this) looks like a great plane for someone!

jerr888

Registered Users
Reaction score
Looks like a Pitts single seat with their slide rails which are no longer available.

GEH

Reaction score
Old Pitts canopy and rails. No longer avail.

GEH

Reaction score
Price lowered to $25,500. Annual Conditional 5/2016. [FONT=&quot]AFTT: 80[FONT=&quot]8[/FONT] / SMOH: 113[FONT=&quot]5
[FONT=&quot]GEH[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

FastEddie

Reaction score
What's the empty weight and aerobatic and normal max gross? I'm considering going more into debt than I already am :)

GEH

Reaction score
Price lowered to $25,500. Annual Conditional 5/2016. [FONT=&quot]AFTT: 80[FONT=&quot]8[/FONT] / SMOH: 113[FONT=&quot]5
[FONT=&quot]GEH[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

GEH

Reaction score
Price lowered to $25,000. Annual Conditional 5/2016. [FONT=&quot]AFTT: 80[FONT=&quot]8[/FONT] / SMOH: 113[FONT=&quot]5
[FONT=&quot]GEH[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Dennis Flamini

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gary,
Your killing us Acro 2 guys. I had a friend who always had his current
plane for sale like Shawn (pigpen) except he kept raising the advertised price until it sold.
He sold every plane that way. Another friend bought one of his planes and had to get a loan
to pay him and he was upset because every one of his other customers paid cash.

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I checked, liked you post Dennis. But alas I suspect it will only get worse? I hope/wish I am very Very wrong. Whenever I see very attractive aircraft offered at very attractive prices and do not sell, I could cry. They are nicer than my own and I will soon join the sellers myself..........

With due respect the type aircraft Pigpen has sold are apples/oranges compared to the more modest offerings....(Opinion)

(If I were younger, this might be a plane well worth being in debt for)

Last edited:

GEH

Reaction score
Sorry guys. Unusual circumstances prevent me from putting more air over these wings that the Acro is craving for.

GEH

Reaction score
Lowered to $24,500.00 Sorry, has to go.

freerangequark

Mostly harmless.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
What's the empty weight and aerobatic and normal max gross? I'm considering going more into debt than I already am :)
Go for it Ed! I remember seeing this one when I was busy looking for my Charger. This one caught my attention... plus it is now local. :)

-Glenn

wminear

Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying Pitts rails are no longer available... I was told by Aviat they would sell rails. I am going to order some longer rails which are 30 inches instead of 26 and will make getting in an out of my S1T easier.

cwilliamrose

‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ 
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Wes,

Please post some photos of the rails when you get them including any markings they might have. I, for one, am curious what the factory is using these days.

wminear

Reaction score
Will do, I am starting a new job Aug4th so I'm in ultra conserve until then. Then I will order the new rails.

planegene

Reaction score
Dang, wished I could sell my Pitts S1!
I really need a two seat for the grandkids!

Sent from my iPad using Biplane Forum

Latest posts