• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Acrosport II learning to fly help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cozypilot

Reaction score
Hi all, I didn't find an Acrosport forum so this one looks like a good place to get some help.

I have a new Acrosport II, 2015 airworthiness 45 hrs in flight. I didn't build it but I am the proud but cautious new owner. Most of my 1000 hr + flight time has been in Rutan canards so my Acrosport is something way different.

I have little taildragger time if I don't count the 200 hrs in sailplanes. I only have 4 hrs in the front seat of a Citabria. I did fly a cub a few times many years ago and a Christian Eagle once. This is may be a problem.

I had two successful flights with the Acrosport and I think my landings are OK.

The takeoffs spook me. My airpark home field is about 200' X 3000' grass with no distinct side markings just shallow ditches and a couple of big trees about 2/3 down 27. A problem is the tail doesn't want to come up or stay up so I can't really see and tell if I am in the middle, I just watch the big trees. I checked the weight and balance and I am forward of aft an 1" or so. It only has an 0-290 so not a lot of power; and it only makes 2200 rpm with the, I think, Cessna 150 prop.

I was hoping I could find some one in in Northern FL or Southern, GA to talk to, or anyone anywhere by phone.

Is there any of you in my area that can help or that I could talk to?

Thanks for reading this.

Del
Cannon Creek Airpark 15FL

Latest posts

Back