• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Acrosport II on BS

IanJ

Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
That is distressingly inexpensive. Wow.

TFF1

Reaction score
There has to be a back story. Anything from miss labeled, not real, not as represented, or payback for divorce. If it is real, we are all the fools to not buy it.

Reaction score
The N number checks current to the ad name and original C of A back to mid eighties. Usually these deals have a Nigerian prince broker.

Cameron

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We'll soon find out. But something doesn't seem right here.

tdwrv8

Registered Users
Reaction score
Seems too good to be true. If I was close I'd go have a look. The wires are worth almost that much.

Chuck

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you email the seller and they are “stuck on a freighter/carrier/submarine in the Indian Ocean without phone access “ ... well you can guess the answer.

gmann750

Reaction score
Sounds like it’s sold already. I’m surprised it lasted that long

airplanegeek

Reaction score
I guess we now know how to sell a biplane in a day. .......

Kelly

Wingnut
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious what it was listed for, the add is gone.
Thanks

footloose

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They didn't sell it , they gave it away .

IanJ

Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
$7500 for an ASII with an O-360 and no electrical system. I can see the lack of electrical being a hindrance to some, but the engine alone is worth $10k. The flying wires are worth the price of admission. I assume it was a fairly extreme example of "It's just gotta go."

footloose

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm with TFF1 , from experience it has the smell of Divorce and female judge . My own opinion

TFF1

Reaction score
I have seen it done in spite on both sides. One was a cobra kit car sold for $900. The other was selling the house for $30,000 to straddle the other with 50% of the shared debt.

Latest posts