• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Acrosport1 fuel vent help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgross

DR-107 (formerly jimrgross)
Reaction score
My aircraft never had the fuel vent plumbed down through the right main gear leg pure the plans and the guy who assembled it for me put it out the bottom behind the firewall facing forward. WRONG. Tried extending it back along the bottom but got fumes inside during acro. Then plumbed to the rear of the aircraft and all was fine until this week when I got back and fuel was siphoning from the main tank. Probably because in level flight the rear tube was higher than the front where it turns to the aft and it never opened up. Fuel tank had oil canned a bit. Found that out when I removed the fuel cap.

My question is does anybody know of a way to secure a tube to the rear of the right main landing gear without damaging the gear tubing or fabric? If I cut a hole in the top and bottom and reinforce with fabric tape the tube would still be unsecured inside the fabric. Plus it would be a nightmare trying to fish it through there.

In the mean time I am going to put it back on the outside but extend it beyond the rear gear attachment point to see if that works.

Thanks

Jim

Latest posts

Back