• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Adding to the collection 😂

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The deal was done 2 weeks ago and I was finally able to coordinate schedules and weather and brought her home. Left the house at 8am for a 9 am departure in a friends V tail Bonanza from CNV8 (Edenvale, ON.) to CYCC (Cornwall, ON.) typical airline, we left at 9:25 😂 Another friend flew in from just south of Montreal cause they all wanted to see the new bird.

They all approved 😁 of the 53 C-170B

So finally after getting the mains fuelled (Flint aux tanks installed) I departed at 1500 for CYEE (Midland, ON.) she gets off the ground quick with the Macaulay 8043. Climbed to 4500’ to start due to the cloud bases.

Talking with Ottawa terminal passing through their class C had to vector around some glider activity then direct CYEE. Clouds thinned out to scattered and climbed to 8500’ for some smooth air.

The plane flies hands off, not the fastest with that prop and the Horton stall kit but I didn’t buy this to go places fast 😉

Passing Orillia at 8500’ the skies cleared as I got ready to start the descent.

After 2 hours and 35 minutes I come in and land on runway 16 with the wind about 20-30* off at 5-10kts. Full flaps..yup they do the job 😂 after flying my aerobatic mounts (4 partners) that are blind and come in at 90 the 170 is very sweet and docile.

My girlfriend and partner in the 170 was at the fence filming the landing (no pressure) the plane made me look good (pponk 180 legs and Cleveland’s) and squeaked on in the 3 point for my first landing in her 😍
Dam Piper photo bombed the landing!

Finally parked and shut down at 1740 for 2.7. So C-FIDO after resting for 3 years (love that name as well as what it can be short for 😂) is home and my girlfriend and I couldn’t be more happy with Fido.

Now it will be a 30 minute flight to the aerobatic mounts instead of a 2 hour drive. 😁

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back