• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Adjusting the wing rigging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Equinox145

Registered Users
Reaction score
Guys,
I could use a little advice.

I have recently finished rebuilding my AcroSport II and I have started flying it. It flies well but it has a tendency to roll left requiring a bit of right aileron to keep it level. In the full stall, the right (port) wing stalls first. This tells me that the port side has a higher AoA. I’m not talking big numbers, I think it is a small adjustment.
I have rigged it according to all the info I can gleen from the newsletter and the Acrosport build manual (for an AS1). I am confident that the centre section is properly rigged, equal dihedral on the two lower wings. I worked hard to get the AoA on the 4 wings exactly the same but depending on where I measure, I get small differences.
I want to slightly lower the AoA on the port side and I imagine using some washers between the I struts and the wing. My thinking is that I will need to add some washers to the lower front I strut bolt and the upper aft bolt.
I was also thinking that maybe I simply need to tighten the front flying wires on the right side to pull the leading edge more but I am worried about over tightening them.
Can anyone tell me why this wouldn’t work or suggest a better idea?

Thanks,
Chris

Latest posts

Back