• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Aero Country TX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

footloose

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally had a weekend where little MaMa and could get a little time away from our two Frenchies . Always told her that when I got rich and famous , I take her on the road with me , well got tired of waitin so I loaded her up and we headed South in Dallas direction . I used to go down there all the time but that was some years ago . Always making regular stops at every airport that I could find . We stopped in at Pappasitas and had lunch but as soon as that was over we went over to an airport by the mane of AeroCountry , right on the outskirts of McKinney right off of 380 . I was surprised how much all had changed . That little spot was booming back in the 80's . I used to stop in and see what Ben , Delmo , Charlie an Stewart and his wife Avril was occasionally there . Nothing really going on at all but I noticed a hanger door partially open about two maybe three hangers North of where I used to go . Old fellow by the name of Tim (pretty sure that's what he said his name was) was reworking a kitty kat door on his hanger (kat's name was Umpah) , black kat . Kat is senior for Cat . I didn't want to overlive my welcome but Tim was kind enough to kinda bring me up to date on some of the who's and whats around the airport , current and back in those days . There was an Aeronca Champ in his hanger and we talked a bit about that and even somehow Don Ort's name came up . Don helped me out one Sunday , at his hanger over in Grayson County , by making all new cables for my champ . Anyway I didn't want to get on Tim's nerves so I moved on to the Ft Worth area , actually right by Texas Motor Speedway and spent the night . We went to the Babes Chicken there in Roanoak and as old memories come back right there close is North Texas Regional . Stopped in there and once again really nothing happening but the little overnight getaway was a token of relief after being couped up with all this Covid Krap . Hope all of you are starting to experience life , kinda like we had it , best I can remember . Thank you for your patience and Happy coming Season . Watch out for the Monkey , thanx again

Latest posts

Back