• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Aileron deflection/stops

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gha111

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I started to doing rolls, I noticed to get full aileron deflection with my Acro I, I have to spread my legs wide as possible and shove the stick all the way against my inside thigh. I'm not big(5-11, 160 lbs) so it's not like I have whiskey keg legs. I's like to shorten the throw of the aileron, but am not sure how to go about it. I figure there is only 2 ways. (1) increase the length of the aileron push tube attachment under the seat, thus giving more push tube throw for less stick movement, but that might make a clearance problem where the push tube goes through the hole in the first rib. (2) Drill another hole in the lower aileron bracket where the connection rod from the bell crank attaches. Doing that would increase the aileron pressure due to slightly less purchase. but I'm not sure how much. Doing either one would require an aileron stop somewhere to keep from jamming the ailerons full throw in the aileron bays. Looking at the plans, I see no aileron stops, so I'm not sure what stops them now. Any ideas? I'm not the builder, just the buyer/flyer. Garry

Latest posts

Back