• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Aileron Rigging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlie-wx

Charlie Wx
Reaction score
After a top wing rebuild and recover, I’ve had issue with the airplane flying level hands off while coordinated, but with the stick cocked very slightly right and a left aileron down deflection. If stick is held vertical with ailerons neutral, left roll occurs. Releasing the stick it cocks right and flies level. See photos. It should be said that after the rebuild, flutter propogated at 165 mph, but was remedied by adding 1lb of lead shot to each slave strut. Back to current issue. On the ground with the stick set vertical with a level, all 4 aileron inboard tips were set 1/4 in lower than associated bay corner. It was initially tested with all ailerons in trail with same result. I tried placing washers under left aft I strut but resulted in same condition with right roll. Flying straight hands off isn’t an issue until performing aerobatics where in higher energy pulls roll moments occur. Definitely did not have this issue before wing rebuild but answers are not forthcoming. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 77DDF6CC-393C-42F2-A5A4-2B94F8E168A4.jpeg
    77DDF6CC-393C-42F2-A5A4-2B94F8E168A4.jpeg
    56.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 750325BC-0877-4C56-AD55-F366D5FE3FBE.jpeg
    750325BC-0877-4C56-AD55-F366D5FE3FBE.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 57

Latest posts

Back