• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Aileron Stop at the Bellcrank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed T

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a little modification I added to the ailerons in my Bolt build because I did not like the control stop at the stick boot (first photo). The yellow aluminum channels (second photo) were milled after interchange with Bill Rose about how to capture either the bolt head or nut so that fasteners through the spar could be tightened during condition inspection if necessary without cutting fabric. They were originally located on the front face of the rear spar upper and lower wings with a vertical orientation. While thinking about nothing in particular one day and staring at the bellcrank I came up with a way to stop the aileron in this location. Back to the Bridgeport. The drawing (photo three) is my sketch of the stop. Hole spacing will have to fit your particular bolt location, but it can be adjusted easily with a round file. The platform that supports the 1/4" stop bolt is offset 1/8" from the center toward the bellcrank bracket. Photo four shows details of the finished stop, and photo five shows it in place under the bellcrank. This should be located with wings instead of fuselage. Can some admin help get it moved into the right location? Thanks

Old Stop Small.jpg Channel Small.jpg Aileron Stop (3).JPG Stop Detail Small.jpg Installed Small.jpg

Latest posts

Back