• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Air park home - South Carolina

cashflyer

Reaction score

I have no interest in this sale, and am only passing the info along as an FYI bulletin.

My neighbor is selling his home and hangar properties. Together they are 3.42 acres according to county records.

I will be more than happy to pass along the sellers contact info if anyone here is interested. Just PM me.

The address is:
3 Aeronca Rd
Belton, SC 29627

The runway is SC82.
http://airnav.com/airport/SC82
We have a pretty active community of pilots and mechanics. There are Cessnas, Antiques, Experimentals, etc based on the field - and two biplanes under construction. There is also a Part 145 operation on the field. Annual ROA (runway owners association) dues average about $360/yr.

The downside is that I will be your neighbor.

Edited by: cashflyer

sleddriver77

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that in that neat little airpark off to your left when you depart 22 at KGSP? It goes by pretty fast in the jet but I always thought it looked pretty nice...

cashflyer

Reaction score

You are probably seeing Chandelle (SC72). That would be to your left
when departing 22. Chandelle is 3700' paved, 6nm southeast of GSP.
http://www.chandellesc.com/

We are 20nm from GSP on a 206 heading.
2400' of turf. You'd have to look a little harder to spot us if you're climbing out in a jet.
Edited by: cashflyer

sleddriver77

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, now that you mention it... Chandelle sounds right. (I think I asked the controllers one time.) Either way, I sure would like to move to the GSP area someday, preferably with a runway in my backyard.

cashflyer

Reaction score
Update:
The home mentioned in my first post is now a bank-owned property. Payoff would have been $175k, however I bet the bank will entertain a short sale because it will need some maintenance due to sitting empty for so long.

There is also another home for $165k. It is on 3 acres and has a hangar that is integral to the house - kind of like a really wide carport.

Finally, there is also a very nice home in the neighborhood that just came onto the market for $180k. The owner's wife wants to move to Florida. The house is in great shape and has a nice hangar with an apartment inside.

If anyone is interested in this area, drop me a line and I will connect you with the sellers.

Last edited:

StinsonPilot

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Wish that were closer to Charleston (Boeing). Although I've entertained the idea of doing contract work in Greenville. My wife loves it there.
We own a few acres or so north of you about 30 miles in Ziconia, NC (Hendersonville area).

cashflyer

Reaction score
I don't know why I am bothering to update this thread...... but I am.

The property sold for ~ $135k. It was bought by a real estate investor in June 2014.
The house is now rented to a really nice family, and the hangar sits unused.

I approached the guy about renting the hangar from him, but he said no.

Jump ahead a few months to the present: All the trees near the hangar have been removed and rumor is that the hangar will be demolished to make way for a row of T-hangars.

navybipe

Reaction score
not that I have a dog in this fight, (and just being conversational) but having been associated with a couple of airpark communities, you must have a liberal set of HOA restrictions/covenants to permit a row of T hangars.....which I assume would be rentals. just making conversation.

cashflyer

Reaction score
Personally - I see the neighborhood being in litigation at some point.
And I am sure glad that I am not the HOA president anymore!!

navybipe

Reaction score
Personally - I see the neighborhood being in litigation at some point.
And I am sure glad that I am not the HOA president anymore!!
given my experiences, your two comments say it all. :))

PittsDriver68

Reaction score
HOA's at airports can be very "interesting". I watched my neighbors try to form one and they clearly had different wants and agendas and ultimately fell on their face.

At least in SC you do not have to argue much over who does the snow plowing.

Best of luck,

Wes

cashflyer

Reaction score
A hangar has come up for sale at Oakhill Airpark [SC82] in northwestern South Carolina (aka, the "upstate" area)

I saw the sign posted yesterday and thought I would let y'all know.

I have no information about the property, other than the for sale sign, so you will need to call the seller for more info.

The hangar looks like it is probably 40x50.

20180504_125813.jpg

Latest posts