• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Air Park Homes For Sale-N. Central FL

bjkirby2000

Aerobat, Hawk-XP, Lancair Super-ES, Smith MiniPL
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
WWW.TWELVEOAKSAIRESTATES.COM. 5FL7 is where I live. Due to the passing of several long-time residents in our neighborhood we have several homes available ranging from 3.25-13 acres/home/hanger and paved access to the North-South 2,650 foot turf runway. The strip is rolled, irrigated and lighted. It's been established for about 25 years. I've been operating my Lancair Super ES off of it since 2006 with no problems. Maintenance costs each of the 30 or so residents about $500/year.The really neat thing about our community is that we are horse friendly. With more than 2,000 acres on the back side that's managed by Division of Forestry for equestrian we have it all. Lower agriculture taxes, no backside building or development and we're a gated airpark. If you're looking to the South-there has never been a better time to buy. I can tell you all the skinny about any one of the 5-6 property's that are available.

Bj

captainjlew

Reaction score

Hi:

My wife and I are just starting a search for property in Florida. We are going to come down the last week in March and see which area and airport is a good fit.

I am about two years away from retirement with the airlines, I presently have a Cessna 172M. a Piper J-3, and a Luscombe 8A which I am restoring. I grew up on an airport in NJ where my Dad was a cropduster. I am also a CFI and an A&P.

Any information that you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks.

John Lewis

bjkirby2000

Aerobat, Hawk-XP, Lancair Super-ES, Smith MiniPL
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
PM me or call 352-344-5678. I have a decent brochure which tells a little more about the hood.

The most exciting thing today is that there is a PT-19 that's ready for first flight AND I receivedy prop back from Sensenich for my new Smith Miniplane and should be on the air by the weekend after Saber sends new prop bolts.

We had our annual flyin on 2/25 and had 125 here This past weekend for a celebration of life which featured a live band and five-star meal and the a surprise B-Day party/Fish-fry with about 50 neighbors and friends on Sunday night. It's a social hot-spot most evenings around a fire-pit somewhere here.ost prefer cheap red wine; others Miller Lite and then there's one USMC/Eastern stud that really gets friendly with Gentleman Jack, once a year.

My family is the youngest, in our 40s. Most of us have golf-carts and dogs. It's a simple 25yro maintenance association you can participate in to maintain the runway. This years sues were about $500. Last year I think about $700. All homes have paved access to the Strip. My property is about 3.5 acres and taxes were around $1,700 this year with about half of it designated for agriculture. We're a gated community with 24-hour keypad access.

Other than a PT-19 that's ready for its first flight and my new Smith Miniplane that's almost ready to launch there's not much new going into the air. We have a Short-Winged Cub and a couple J-3s that fly regularly as well as a peitenpol, An RV6, Bucker and a Jungman that go up too. Our Federal Agent just got an Acrosport and smokes the place up on the weekends too.

Great place, somewhat remote but 1.5 hours from TPA, MCO & ORD (mostly turnpike). Rainbow River, Homossasa Springs, Ocala, Gulf of Mexico, all less than 30 minutes away. The largest wildlife mgt area (Pott's Preserve) with a weekends worth of airboat trails too and Florida's Rails of Trails (10 minute drive).

I can't tell you much more. One residence has horses and can take advantage of the 2200 acres behind, the rest of us don't.

Yes-I like it! BUT I would leave tonight for a flying job.

Happy hunting!

Latest posts