• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

AirVenture 2008 - Oshkosh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrichards0

Reaction score
Hey all, I just ordered my plans for the Skybolt. I talked to Steen the other day and they unfortuanately won't be able to make Oshkosh this year. I've been seriously thinking of building a Skybolt for about a year now and was hoping other Skybolt builders or pilots would be at Oshkosh. Are any of you planning on going or better yet, flying a Skybolt there this year?

Before I decidedwhich plane to build, I built a kayak from plans to gain some wood, epoxy and plan building skills before moving to something bigger. I really wanted to see if I could complete a project like this and figured if I couldn't complete a kayak, I wouldn't be able to complete an airplane. I just finished my kayak a few weeks ago and got married a few weeks before that, so now I'm setting up my garage for the Skybolt and starting to study the process. My wife is also enthused, although we learned some lessons about relationships and building projects together with the kayak. She has been to Oshkosh with me several times and wants to get her private pilots license. She also wants to do the workshops and learn how to help build this project.

- Matt

Latest posts

Back