• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Almost there

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdpole1

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Guys I have been off the forum for a good while other than seeing what others have posted. I am now 4.3 hours away from having my 40 hour phase 1 hours flown off. Plane has operated flawlessly until yesterday afternoon. After a session of aerobatics I noticed that there was slop in the stick for elevator travel. Still had control but it was like a two stage trigger. Had to move the stick a short distance before I felt positive response. Returned to the airport and in looking for the problem I discovered that the #2 control rod bearing, Fafnir REPB3N-2, had failed. Attachment bolt and bearing exterior was still in good shape but the guts of the bearing were gone. I had done a full inspection in September and all was well. Has anyone else had a problem with Fafnir bearings. I have a new one I'm going to install tomorrow but wondered if there is a better substitute I should be using as I am primarily doing aerobatics.

Hope all have a Merry and Blessed Christmas.

Tad

Latest posts

Back