• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Aluminium sheeting

Flying Ant

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I need to make up some strakes to go behind my spring gear to stop buffeting airflow at high G.

Steve Wolf recommended .050 aluminium. What sort of aluminium should I get and where can I get it in Sydney, Australia?

Cheers,

Doug_

Reaction score
Air Ag at Bankstown will cut what you need. (Next door?!)
Doug

Last edited:

Flying Ant

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Doug, have we met?

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm over at Hangar 650 now but still keep in contact with the boys at AAS.

Doug_

Reaction score
Anthony,
I don't recall meeting you but if you have refuelled at Camden perhaps we have met.
My fascination with the Pitts extends back many years (early 60s as a young boy) and will usually introduce myself to owners at the fuel bowser.
I fly my RV-6 out of Camden and get to Bankstown on more administrative matters only. 650 is where Matt Hall is?
Doug

Latest posts