• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Am I silly?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GyroMatt

Reaction score
Well due to an unfortunate accident and loss of my gyroplane I have decided to reexamine my priorities. A novice pilot flew off the runway and collided with my brand new gyroplane. Thank god nobody was killed in the accident. I now stand without a machine and am looking at my next move after the dust settles. Before I built my gyroplane I was very much interested in a Skybolt but $ were a factor.

Now without a machine and a hole burning in my wallet I feel it is time to get in to my next dream machine. I have never been a conventional pilot, hence gyroplanes, and after logging 20+ hours in a spam can I can say that they are boring. I am working towards my FW private. I have over 500 hours in gyroplanes and am very proficient with them. I do have some questions regarding the the skybolt and training so here goes:

1. If I decide to purchase a machine can I finish my Private Pilot training in my own experimental bi-plane? Or does it need to be in a certified aircraft?

2. Are there any resources near Chicago that can help me better understand the machines and get instruction?

3. Am I crazy if I don't wanna go the typical route of a spam can and jump right in to a acro plane? I have done acro work in other types of planes and love EVERY second of it... I know it is for me.

Thanks for any help guys! Can't wait to get in to the air again!!

Latest posts

Back