• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

AN-2 on Craigslist

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having once helped a friend rebuild a V77 and feeling overwhelmed for the best part of two years.........I'll pass!

We would meet in the evening to rib stitch and for weeks seem to make no progress.

I recall a picture of an AN-2 sitting with fabric hanging off the wings....someone had spray caned on the side of it's fuselage:

SMOKING ALLOWED

OWNER

Jack

flyapitts

Reaction score
If I had the space and money, I would pick that up in a heartbeat. The AN-2 is my favorite plane. I wish I could find a flying one and get some time in it.

cgzro

Peter Ashwood-Smith P
Reaction score
Ive flown one (right seat a bit) and done formation with one. Cool plane but yikes a lot of work and money.
Topping up the oil in winter is quite the experience!

ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1500123246.159219.jpg
ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1500123278.653785.jpg

will moffitt

Will moffitt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fellow that instructed be for my td endorsement has one. Said the engine was a copy of a big P&W with a centrifical oil filter added on.

Will

Reaction score
A friend of mine went to the east coast of Georgia and bought one in 2002. He traded a straight tail C175 and some cash. He is deceased now but he was an interesting guy. The AN2 lived at my friends 1600 foot strip. I got a ride once. I flew an M18 Dromader spray plane with basically the same engine. There is something about the AN2 that screams badass. I have a pic or two somewhere, I will have to look. Be great for airplane camping at Oshkosh and Johnson Creek as long as you were flying on OPM.(other people's money)

Edit: That underneath photo in post #4 is cool. The horizontal stab. looks like a Cassutt wing.

Last edited:

Flybipe

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty sure that would not fit in my hangar!

cgzro

Peter Ashwood-Smith P
Reaction score
The AN2 in that pic was getting a new fabric job at same place I had my Pitts done. Was hillarious seeing the two side by side in his hangar:)

Latest posts