• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

AN4 bolts in thru wing and I strut

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbarker

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi folks
I am double checking wing rigging on the Eagle and need to add or subtract some washers. The AN4 bolts that go through the wing and I strut are a very nice snug fit. I have to tap them a bit to get them out and back in. They seem fine and all the cad plating is still on them. ------ but a question ---- is there some type of preservative I should put on them or down the hole just for safety and wood preservation over the long term?

It all seems fine but thought I would ask.
thanks
mark

Latest posts

Back