• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Another Ambitious Historical Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smutny

Biplane Addict
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
After watching Bob Dempster build the Douglas World Cruiser, and Jim Moss and crew build the Gee Bee QED, I've come to believe that any of the old aircraft can re-emerge in the 21st Century.

While their timeline is very ambitious, I hope they succeed. Here's a post from The Aerodrome, a WWI aviation focused forum:

Handley Page replica

Hi there,

As you probably don't know, Belgium is going to celebrate in a couple of years the 100th anniversary of the first commercial flight between Brussels and the capital of her former colony's. In order to do this in a proper way, we, myself, some other crazy fools and the grand children of the mission commander who did this, will try to reiterate the flight with a replica of the aeroplane they used.
This is why I need you all and your knowledge: the aeroplane they used was a Handley Page W8f also known as HP26. Unfortunately there is not a single aeroplane of this kind left in the world that we could replicate. Therefore we need to find the drawings and as much as possible info about these planes.
We already gathered loads of info and pictures but the more we have the better.
So there you go, if you have or know someone who has whatever related to this matter please let me know. Every little helps!

Cheers

Fred

Latest posts

Back