• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Any Tri-Pacers out there

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Our Tri-Pacer, the Piper Pub, was totaled in the maintenance hanger last week in a freak microburst at KFEP that destroyed the hanger. So my partners and I are looking for a replacement.
Doesn't have to be a Tri-Pacer but its hard to beat the bang for the buck you get. Looking for 4 place, we are even considering a tail dragger. Kind of want to find something that we can slide a keg inside like we had.

L

pigpenracing

Reaction score
Hey Larry,
You interested in a really nice 172? My Cessna partner is wanting to get something bigger and I may just get out? It is a very clean 1973 M model. 2700 TT and about 100smoh. It still has original paint,interior etc and is very very nice, you would think it was painted a few years ago. Has a 696 in the panel. Will probably sell for $45,000

jerr888

Registered Users
Reaction score
If yours had good fuel tanks, try to hang onto them. They're getting scarce!

Neil

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
There is a Tri-Pacer tied down at our airport that is for sale, I think. It is a 135hp model but is has an O320A on it. Wings have been metalized and the airplane needs a lot of work. I can ask about it if you like.

race38

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Larry, 2 colts a tri-pacer and a couple 108 Stinsons on flea bay that would be good candidates.

Sent from my iPhone using Biplane Forum

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
We'll no projects and no $60,000 Tri-Pacers. We will fly this bird a lot. Seriously considering a tail dragger. But who knows. Half the fun is the search. If we don't buy another Tri-Pacer we will have a spare Tri-Pacer baggage door with a hole in the middle for sale. :D

L

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone. I have passed this link on to my partners, we meet again next week to narrow our choices. Love that Pacer AKT.

L

emiller775

Reaction score
I have a 170B for sale, tons more room and in great shape...I used to have a Colt, you'll like this a lot better. Room for at least two or three pony kegs.

Chad

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Our Tri-Pacer, the Piper Pub, was totaled in the maintenance hanger last week in a freak microburst at KFEP that destroyed the hanger. So my partners and I are looking for a replacement.
Doesn't have to be a Tri-Pacer but its hard to beat the bang for the buck you get. Looking for 4 place, we are even considering a tail dragger. Kind of want to find something that we can slide a keg inside like we had.

L
Larry,

I've got a '56 Tripacer that I've got up for-sale since my EAA Biplane is nearing completion. Ad is on Barnstormers and I'll send link when when I get home. IFR certifiable and asking $26,000 obo.

Chad

freerangequark

Mostly harmless.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Larry,
You might consider a taildragger so that you are ready for Ms. Smith when she's ready for you.
Glenn

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Glenn we are looking, but the insurance for those of us with no tail dragger experience may be to steep.

L

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Larry, did you get my pm?

Latest posts