• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Around the fuel tank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taff

In Remembrance 7/14/20200
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sure a lot of viewers have completed this portion by now and I wonder if they can help?
So' I have strapped in the main fuel tank in the fuselage. The tank is from Steen Aerolab.
The aluminum cowling is covering the distance between the windshield and the firewall. I know I will have to locate the correct position for cutting out a access door, to fuel up.

The question....How do you stop fuel spills from dripping into the front cabin?

There is a good inch or two between the tank filler cap and the aluminum top cowl. And nothing to redirect any spilled gas from flooding the front compartment.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Latest posts

Back