• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

AS II For sale (maybe)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gacnik123

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have been toying with the idea of possibly selling my bipe to get more seats for my family. Very very tough decision. Did I mention this has been a tough decision. haha. I thought I would post it here first to see if anybody had any interest before I went out to Barns---mers. My plane was built by Paul Muhle, from Nebraska, and finished in 1992. It won a silver lindy in 93' and a gold in 94'. Paul has won 4 lindy's (I believe) and 2 or 3 of the other plaques from Oshkosh for completed projects. I took it to the biplane expo, in Juction City, Ks in 2010 and it won grand champion experimental.

-IO-360B1B 180hp full inverted
-902.00 TTAF and SMOH by Central Cylinder
-Empty weight 1035#
-Aircraft products tailwheel (The only way to go)
-Smoke system (I don't use-I already spend an hour each time I fly wiping it down)
-Com radio
-Garmin transponder/encoder
-Double bubble canopy/not removable for open cockpit flying. Much like a christen eagle. Paul told me he had 1 1/2 yrs in the canopy alone.
-Custom wood dashes front and back
-Custom Allen Siver rachet in rear seat and 4pt in front (no rachet)

Whenever I look at buying anything like a car, truck, quad, plane ect, I always wonder why or what the reason for selling is. Let me assure you, if you are interested, this is not because of any issues. I really enjoy flying this plane. Neil and a few others on this website have seen my plane and can probably answer as much as I can, but I will do my best.

$47,500

John

DSC_0276.jpg

DSC_0311.jpg

2010 biplane fly in 157.jpg

Latest posts

Back