• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

AV8OR battery & mounts

cashflyer

Reaction score
My Bendix AV8OR gps was stolen in August, but the thief did not get the spare battery. This is the KAYO 1600mAh battery, WITH the back cover, for a Bendix AV8OR gps.

Paid ACS $57 bucks for it. It's used now, so, send me $25 and I'll mail it to you.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/pdf/2013Individual/Cat13583.pdf

Also available: windshield mount, yoke mount, and charging cable - all for the AV8OR gps. Make me an offer.

Mcwpittss1

Registered Users
Reaction score
I don't know if you would want another av8or gps but aircraft spruce has a new one for $150 for their deal of the day today. 12/28

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks I was looking at this GPS, its size fits my Smith and my style of flying. VFR all the way. Cash flyer PM sent.

L

pigpenracing

Reaction score
They work well. I thought I bought them all already :) Guess Bendix is popping more out? I bought about 200 units when they went on sale. I see 1 per customer now.

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Yea and the deal of the day changed right after I bought. So we will see if I actually get one.

L

pigpenracing

Reaction score
I bet you got the last one. Marv Golden called me yesterday and he ended up with 2 units so I got those. He said Bendix is done. no more......

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Now all I gotta do is learn how operate the dam thing! I hope it has fold lines so I can mount it on my knee board! :D

L

Mcwpittss1

Registered Users
Reaction score
Another Av8or today on aircraft spruce for $150 as the deal of the day. 1/21

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
What kind of battery life can I expect from both the standard battery and the 16oo I just bought from Cashflyer?

L

cashflyer

Reaction score
Today, I ran across the CD that came with the AV8OR.
It's just the users manual. Rev 1 dated Sep '08.
4.6meg PDF on CD.

Does anyone need this?
Should I upload it to "Dropbox" and post a link?
Or should I just discard this?

cwilliamrose

‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ 
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
There's a slightly older manual here. I didn't do much looking so there may be newer ones uploaded somewhere else.

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Well I will say I love this little box! Simple to use after you get over the learning curve. Right after I bough it I clamped in on a friends 182 and we took it to Sun N Fun 2012. He had just installed $18,000 worth of Garmin in his panel so with our iPads, smart phones, and his built in stuff we decided we had 8 GPSs on board! :D Would have been hard to live down if we got lost! Anyway I manufactured a panel mount for Miss Smith that has thumbscrews to install or remove as needed. And the larger battery lasts all day. Then I put the clamp mount in the Tri-Pacer and used it there for fly-in breakfasts here in the mid-west. A nice deal for the money I have invested.

L

Latest posts