Aviat's Danny Adams

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by race38, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Apr 6, 2018 #1

race38

race38

race38

Member Supporting Member

Group,
    I know not all of us are Pitts drivers but the guy at the factory who knows more about Pitts than anybody else is struggling a bit.
    Danny Adams, if you don't know him or haven't met, is not only a great guy but has a LOT of knowledge regarding these little airplanes. 20 years ago Stu Horn would send Danny to all the contests and Danny would do a courtesy inspection/tech on your Pitts and fix anything onsite that he could.
    Things got slow and Aviat quit sending him. Much to the aerobatic crowds displeasure. They worked it out and he's travelling to some of the contest now.
    However, Danny's wife is ill and they could use a hand. Insurance is not going to cover. Curt Richmond set up a go fund me account on their behalf.
    https://www.gofundme.com/danny-adams
    If you can find it in your heart and wallet, it's a worthy cause.
    Respectfully,
    Mark

EAABipe40FF likes this.
  2. Apr 6, 2018 #2

PittsDriver68

PittsDriver68

PittsDriver68

It is reported that GoFundMe takes something like 7% of contributions.

I called Aviat and Danny is in Florida. Perhaps one of the Florida readers might track Danny down to get and post his mailing address so that some of us could send a donation directly.

Best of luck,

Wes

EAABipe40FF likes this.
  3. Apr 7, 2018 #3

PittsDriver68

PittsDriver68

PittsDriver68

Danny Adams address is PO Box 36 Afton,Wy 83110

A whole lot of us owe Danny. One practice day before a contest my airplane broke. Figured my weekend was done. Danny called his shop looking for the parts I needed, and could not find stock there but got all of the part numbers. Then we called Aircraft Spruce and ordered Fedex next day. Danny helped me tear into the airplane, and the next day helped put the new parts in. I made the contest. I took a trophy home on Sunday. Sent a letter to Stu Horn thanking him for sending Danny out as an ambassador for Aviat. Danny is the man!

Best of luck,

Wes

4. Apr 7, 2018 #4

Eric_Anderson

Eric_Anderson

Eric_Anderson

Registered Users Supporting Member

GoFundMe does not charge 7%. They previously charged a “platform fee” of 5% but that fee was reduced to 0 in the US and Canada. For some charities they charge $.30 (30 cents) per transaction plus 2.9% for credit cards. I checked my AMEX bill and exactly $100 went to Danny’s fund. Not all technology is out to get you :)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018