• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Avion F-1 Favorit for sale

Dmitriy

Reaction score

Dear friends!

We are glad to offer you a unique airplane Avion F-1 Favorit. It is designed and manufactured by the Russian company Avion.
The airplane constructed in a style of a classical biplane on a base of modern scientific knowledge.

Constructive advantages Avion F-1 Favourite are:
<ul>
[*]duralumin wing design
[*]fuselage farm is executed from a high-strength steel
[*]reliable and powerful engine
[*]modern and thought over ergonomics of a cabin
[*]new generation avionics[/list]

F-1 Favorit is testined for participation in aerobatics competitions and airshows, for preparing pilots-sportsmen and also for pleasure flights.
Specifications of the Avion F-1 Favorit:
<ul>
[*]Crew: 2
[*]Length: 6,35 m
[*]Height: 2,27 m
[*]Wingspan: 7,4 m
[*]Wing area: 14,9 m2
[*]Max takeoff weight: 1045 kg
[*]Empty weight: 695 kg
[*]Wing loading: 69,8 kg/m2
[*]Engine: Radial, M-14P, 360 Hp
[*]Max speed: 380 km/h
[*]Stall speed: 108 km/h
[*]Maximum rate of climb: 15 m/s
[*]Max range: 500 km
[*]Service ceiling: 4000 m
[*]Ultimate load factor: +9/-6 g[/list]

The plane is offered in next versions:
<ul>
[*]KIT for self-assembly. Price: 120 000 USD/ 90 000 EUR
[*]Plane, which is ready for exploitation (base version of plane). Price: 200 000 USD/ 155 000 EUR
[*]Plane, modernized for the request of a customer[/list]

Prices do not include shipping.

We are ready to answer your questions!

Telephone: +7 (926) 7745154. E-mail: [email protected]

Edited by: Dmitriy

macwolf

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Looks somewhat like a Yak52 shaped fuselage with 4 wings.. !
i like it ;-)

Biplane45

Reaction score
Looks like a fun design. Looks real stout.
Might I add, that it could use a spinner and bulbous wheelpants for appearances? Give it that neat Waco look.

Neil

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I'm only seeing single, rather than paired flying/landing wires. Not much redundancy. Does look cool though.
<div style="display: n&#111;ne;" id="Y&#111;ntooInstallID">81054AC4-17FB-7ED0-570A-36A7B074CD98<div style="display: n&#111;ne;" id="Y&#111;ntooClientVersi&#111;n">1.02.28

Dmitriy

Reaction score

darylat8750 said:
Is the Kit version already covered?
Yes, the Kit version of F-1 Favorit is constructed and ready to delivery.

Biplane45 said:
Looks like a fun design. Looks real stout.
Might I add, that it could use a spinner and bulbous wheelpants for appearances? Give it that neat Waco look.
At will of the customer plane modernization can be executed. Fairing on wheels can be designed too.

Neil said:
I'm only seeing single, rather than paired flying/landing wires. Not much redundancy. Does look cool though.
<div style="display: n&#111;ne;" id="Y&#111;ntooInstallID">81054AC4-17FB-7ED0-570A-36A7B074CD98<div style="display: n&#111;ne;" id="Y&#111;ntooClientVersi&#111;n">1.02.28
Control of airplane is duplicated. Therefore the plane can be used for training. There is some distinction in panel boards of front and rear cabins.

Best regards,
Dmitriy

bf92

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
It looks a lot like an open-cockpit Pitts Model 14.

Danny

darylat8750

Reaction score

Neil said:
Control of airplane is duplicated. Therefore the plane can be used for training. There is some distinction in panel boards of front and rear cabins.

Best regards,
Dmitriy
[/QUOTE]

Dmitryiy,
I believe Neil is talking about the wires that hold the wings in place not the control system. Most modern biplanes in the US have at least 2 wires holding the wing down and 2 holding up in the positions of primary load.

Dmitriy

Reaction score

I am sorry for my mistakes. There are some difficulties of translation and interpretation of terms.

1. To darylat8750:

Covering the wings and fuselage is at the request of the customer. The basic version of KIT is not covered.

2. To Neil:

In fact the wires on Favorit are a different than the wires on US planes. In these photos the design is visible better (this is serial Favorit; flies in Russia).

For this design of the wires strength calculations are executed. Reliability is confirmed by tests.

macwolf

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
No question it has a very attractive side profile... and familiar - particularly the empennage. I'd like to see the top view if you have one?Edited by: macwolf

darylat8750

Reaction score
The rudder looks like a cross between a Stearman and a PA series Piper to me.

kjkimball

Been there...Done that...
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score

Dmitriy,
Avion.ru built the Mosquito some years ago. It is the same company you are showing now. The Mosquito was said to be a copy of the culp special which is based on the skybolt. The B2M was made with metal wing ribs and spars instead of wood. The b2M Mosquito was a lot like the Culp special and the Skybolt.
This airplane you show now, the favorit, appears to be the same basic fuselage but with straight top wing instead of the swept top wing. Are Favorit and Mosquito the same but wings?
Also, www.avion.ru still shows a model 12 as the photo on the top of the page. In the news section with the info about this kit, there is a photo of the python that shows there. I think it is not accurate to show model 12 aircraft as part of the advertising for this airplane kit. Clicking on the banner for the mosquito, you can see the model 12 in a photo. Click that link and see biplane.avion.ru the page from 7 years ago when the swept wing version was first shown on this website.
The links page,biplane.avion.ru/links.htm, shows the sites for Culp, German skybolt builder Rudy, the old Biplane hangar, 2 other skybolt builders and 2wings.com.
It is good to see avion still building biplanes. However, since I too am in the kit biplane market, own the model 12 design rights and trademarks, and sell the model 12 kits, I request that you please remove the model 12 photos from the avion.ru site since avion does not make model 12 parts. Avion should use photos of the airplanes built by avion not the model 12 for the website.
Edited by: kjkimball

Dmitriy

Reaction score
To kjkimball:

Dear Kevin!

B2M is a prototype of F-1 Favorit.
Differences of the F-1 Favorit from B2M:
• straight top wing
• facilitated girder of a fuselage
• changed chassis
• increased range of operational overloads
• B2M is the experimental plane. F-1 Favorit is made serially.

Your remark about a website fairly. Unfortunately, I am not the owner/editor of a website and I can not personally make correction. But I will try to do the utmost to avoid misunderstanding in the future.

Best regards,
Dmitriy

Latest posts