• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

B&C SD-8 alternator

Martin Hill

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking for an alternative to the belt driven boat anchor.

Interested in the B&C adapter if you've got that too.

biplanebob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The B&C is a fair price.
Last year, I bought a Denso/John Deere alternator to replace my boat anchor Chrysler /Piper alternator.... by the time I did all the research, designed and built the brackets, tried two different belts, designed the wire changes, etc. I could have purchased a B&C for an out of the box installation.
Bob.

Morphewb

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score

Hartzell bought them but this is a link to their old site. Normally I go to Bill at B&C first but have used these guys because the seem to have all the different angles and brace bars for the older Lycoming narrow deck models.

Latest posts